Updates and a favor

Favor first. My niece is raising money for Walk MS in Portland where she lives. Walk MS raises money through the National MS Society for drug research as well as research to find the cause of MS in hopes of finding a way to cure it some day. Her walk is April 7th and she has been baking treats to sell in order to raise money. I don't have a team because we don't have a walk locally for me anymore. The year we did my team blew it out of the park raising money and I would love to be able to help her raise so much more money than she ever thought she could. Thanks to fundraisers like this there was a recent breakthrough in medication for early secondary progressive MS. Also thanks to fundraisers like this the drug companies are able to offer a copay assistance program for medications like mine. Since I have insurance paying for a portion of the cost of my prescription monthly I automatically qualify for copay assistance. The copay assistance program is not based on income - the only requirement is that the patient has insurance covering a portion of the medication..after that it covers EVERYTHING else that insurance doesn't cover. NO matter how much. So basically I am able to take my MS medication for no money out of pocket (other than the cost of the medical insurance which I need to have anyway to cover all my doctor's visits) which is a HUGE relief and weight off my shoulders. So hopefully one of the many reasons above has helped you understand how awesome the National MS Society is for funding research for new medications, cures, AND for helping those living with the disease do so with a little less burden. If only the doctors had a copay assistance program 😂 Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

If you are at all able to donate, please follow this link: Jennifer's donation page. It will take you to her main page and there is a "donate now" button a little ways down to click where you can fill out a form with your donation amount and information. If you scroll past the donate button you can see her personal goal and current donation total amount. She is doing really great!  The donations are all on a super secure site and she does not see any of your personal payment information directly. The National MS Society runs Walk MS programs all over and it is such a great program. If you like to walk for things I encourage you to look it up on the website and see if you have a walk near you!

Now for updates! I have been keeping it close just in case it didn't stay better but for the past week or so (before I started back on medication) my leg was slowly getting better. They still hurt a lot at random, mostly at night, but the feeling is back in my right leg. When my anxiety is really bad my leg from my knee down feels like it is in an ice bath but that isn't constant and it doesn't last. I am super excited and I know JP is too because my leg issue isn't sticking around long term! Tiny celebration! 

My vision is getting worse. Which is to be expected with the heat coming back. Also, I have been really moody with everyone and I feel bad and apologize but it doesn't make it okay and it doesn't make me feel better about it at all. I feel bad for the kids the most because they don't understand. I mean, I feel bad for JP too but at least he understands a little better how I don't mean it and how much I love him. I try to snuggle the kids extra but it doesn't really make up for it I'm afraid. The tingling hasn't really stopped. I thought by spreading out my medications it would be better, and it helped for a bit, but the tingles in my face and arms and legs have come back just like before. Maybe I'm not getting enough rest. Since the boy stopped napping I don't get to sleep as much. I need to get to sleep earlier. 

Since starting the medication I am more tired and I have constant headaches again even while taking the medication I have been on for headaches. I'm going to see about increasing that dose. I'm also going to ask about a medication to help with my energy levels. I took something a few years ago - don't remember the name - but hopefully this doctor will know it. I also have it written down in an old planner of mine I can look for it before my next appointment so I will say names until he tells me which one is for fatigue :) I have a plan. 

For now I'm off to get some rest. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update sweet friend! I'm glad there are some upsides this week! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clarification...like butter

No one sees what is really happening

MS is unpredictable